- Posted by Alla Rapoport
- On September 21, 2021
Pava Logistics, Inc.
Pava Logistics, Inc. in Elgin, IL has an opening for a position of Transportation Manager.
Responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing all Transportation functions to ensure that customer service is performed safely, on time, and in accordance with specifications. Coordinates closely with customers and area personnel to obtain information, identify needs, and investigate and resolve problems. Seeks to continuously improve service and operating efficiencies and meets the proper DOT compliance and regulatory requirements. Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation is maintained and that superior customer service is provided. Schedules, assigns, supervises, and appraises personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for assisting in the development and implementation of effective Transportation and Logistics planning, budgeting, policies, and procedures.
- Executes established goals and ensures that Transportation and Logistics policies support and complement Company strategies, mission, vision, and values.
- Solves complex brokerage and logistics problems such as establishing permanent road lines, optimizing loads, price, equipment, delivery times, routes, and available personnel.
- Oversees dispatch units and ensures coordination between the units in the U.S. and Ukraine.
- Approves dispatching assignments.
- Ensures that excellent, professional communications are maintained with customers. Ensures that all customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensures on-time delivery of products or services.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that Transportation operations meets or exceeds safety and regulatory standards. Maintain safety records for all drivers
- Ensures that personnel understand and implement safety and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Effectively schedules, supervises, and directs Transportation personnel, ensuring excellent customer service and optimal performance.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Maintains a good information flow. Ensures personnel are timely and thoroughly informed. Conducts meetings to inform, train, and seek solutions for identified problems. Ensures employees understand Company policies and procedures and the importance of customer service.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Technology, Transportation Management or related field;
- 1 years of experience in the job offered or 1 year of experience as a transportations systems engineer;
- Experience must be in transportation, logistics, or similar industry;
- Must be fluent in Ukrainian (reading, writing, speaking).
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Annual salary $64,459.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org