- Posted by Igor Kart
- On February 26, 2016
Website Armada Solutions Inc
Armada Solution is a boutique staffing firm covering clients of all areas. We work closely with you to make sure the fit is right.
We are looking for an Ophthalmic Technician, who’s qualified by academic or clinical training. This position will perform daily tasks of collecting data and performing diagnostic tests necessary for evaluation of patient eye problems.
An ophthalmic technician should demonstrate the ability to work with patients in a personable and professional manner. An ability and willingness to learn new tasks and concepts is a must. This is a direct hire position.
Benefits: $Competitive/hr (varying on experience maximum of 25)
- Working in a fast paced, highly professional environment
- Up to 7 patients scheduled per hour block
- paid time off
- Understanding of ocular anatomy, physiology and pharmacology.
- An understanding of ophthalmic instruments.
- An understanding of medical terminology and general understanding of human system.
- Ability to recognize and refer ophthalmic emergencies.
- Screen walk-in patients, emergency patients and telephone calls to determine appropriate physician and the priority of appointments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtaining history of patient’s complains, medical and surgical problems, allergies, current medications and family history.
- Obtaining visual acuity with and without correction, measure distance and near vision,
- Obtaining lensometry measurements to determine lens prescription and correct acuity problems. Record findings on patient chart.
- Refract patients to obtain initial visual acuity.
- Perform screening examination: ocular motility, pupil evaluation for size, equality, reaction to light prior to dilation, glaucoma slit lamp screening including angles and applanation tonometry, color vision and stereo testing.
- Perform keratometry.
- Perform pachymetry.
- Understand and perform automated visual field test, HRT test, OBFA test.
- Perform axial length scanning.
- If training allows, perform Fundus photos and Fluorescein Angiography
- Assist ophthalmologist in minor office surgical procedures.
- Patient education and instructions (using and care for contact lenses, pre and post-op instructions)
- Assist in ordering contact lenses.
- Caring for and maintaining ophthalmic instruments and equipment.
- Maintain equipment and supplies inventories.
- Clean and stock exam rooms with drugs and other supplies as needed.
- Sterilize and set-up instruments for ophthalmic procedures.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
To apply for this job please visit www.armadasolutionsinc.com.