- Posted by Alla Rapoport
- On October 1, 2019
We believe all clients deserve the highest standard of individual care as we help them to pursue their investment goals. We are as proud of our client service as we are of our outstanding long-term investment performance.
Company started in 1976 with a vision of what an ideal investment company should be: consistent in philosophy, committed to superior research and exceptional in client service. While our roster of clients has grown over the years, these basic beliefs have not changed.
To continue with our high standard of client service, we are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our amazing Security Data Management team! In this role you will be responsible for administering corporate actions and proxy voting events and ensuring the accuracy and consistency of security reference and pricing data for the firm. This includes information stored in systems and data repositories, as well as information sourced both internally and externally. This position works closely with business partners throughout the firm to help define, manage, and access security data and to resolve issues as they arise.
The Security Data Management team is responsible for the management of data and systems related to enterprise security reference data and security life cycle events such as pricing, corporate actions, proxy voting, and market data management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Establish, monitor, and proactively manage the firm’s security master data
- Monitor and administer corporate actions and proxy voting events
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on corporate actions and proxy voting, specifically the firm’s proxy voting guidelines, security reference and market data
- Assist in developing the firm’s Master Data Management (MDM) program, including exception management and vendor discrepancy research
- Provide support for departmental and firm-wide projects and initiatives as needed
- Assist with the development and implementation of procedures and training materials for the team
- Continuously recommend and implement process improvements based on data governance and data management best practices
- Assist Data Governance Manager with initiatives related to data governance and the maturation of the data governance organization
Position Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of security characteristics (equity and fixed income)
- Self-starter with the ability to assess, explain and solve complex problems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- The ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent Business Application Knowledge (ex. Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Two or more years of investment management experience
- Healthy curiosity about the industry and trends in data management
- Experience in corporate action processing and proxy voting administration
- Strong technical acumen
Willingness to Learn
- SQL, Tableau
- Business Applications (Eagle, CRD, Axys)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org