- Posted by Alla Rapoport
- On October 1, 2019
Pay rate : $20/hour
The NOC and Support Technician will be responsible for day-to-day monitoring of systems, applications, and the Customer Support center. This position provides Tier I support for all problems with wireless hardware, software and other computer related technology issues and inquiries. This position will review systems to collect information about problems and perform diagnostic procedures to determine the source of errors. This individual must be able to log and track calls using incident management software, maintain historical records and related problem documentation, and perform triage on all incoming requests to ensure that tickets are routed to the appropriate group for resolution. Daily activities will be driven primarily by recurring system health checks, responding to automated system alerts, and handling customer calls and emails.
- Pro-actively act on events reported by various monitoring tools.
- Perform initial troubleshooting and escalate internally and externally as required.
- Generate, review and track trouble tickets.
- Communicate directly with customers by email and telephone.
- Take ownership and resolve customer incidents per set guidelines.
- Develop technical documentation and troubleshooting guides for NOC, IoT and Support center personnel.
- Provide training to new technicians as required.
- Provide ongoing communication to both customer support teams and engineering staff during time of outage or service impact.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years working in a Network Operations Center environment or in a Customer Support/Technical Support position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Possess a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a desire for a variety of challenges.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to ascertain information and maintain dialogue with multiple teams as to the status of a particular issue.
- Ability to effectively and calmly operate within a complex and changing environment.
- Well organized with the ability to properly manage individual workload.
- Solid problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups.
- Knowledge / experience with wireless devices and applications.
- Knowledge / experience with basic networking concepts.
- Knowledge / experience using Microsoft Dynamics or anther ticket system.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated work in the Information Technology field.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Medical insurance, Dental, Life insurance, HSA.
- STD and LTD insurance
- Voluntary Cancer, Critical Illness, and Accident insurance.
- Paid vacation – Holidays and PTO
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com